Do you want a reliable guide on how to receive money in Nigeria from Abroad? Maybe you are a Nigeria in Diaspora or based in the UK, US, Canada, China, Dubai, South-Africa, Finland etc and are looking for a lower-cost method to send money (USD, Euro or GBP) to your friends or family in Nigeria from abroad or even directly to their bank, here are top money transfer mobile apps you can download on your smartphones right now.
This app is useful for anyone asking the following questions:
- how to send or receive money from UK, US, Canada to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Zimbabwe
- how to send money from Singapore to Nigeria
- how to send money to Nigeria from Russia
- how to send money from Qatar, Dubai, UAE to Nigeria
- how to receive money using MoneyGram in Nigeria
- how to transfer money from PayPal to Nigeria Naira
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Namibia
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Mexico
- how to send or transfer money to Nigeria from London
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Kuwait
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Japan
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Tunisia
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from turkey
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Spain to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money in Nigeria through Domiciliary account
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Singapore
- how to send or receive money to Nigeria from Russia
- how to send or receive money from Qatar to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money from Japan to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money from Iran to Nigeria
- how to receive Ria money transfer in Nigeria
- how to transfer money to Nigeria from India
- how to transfer money from Malaysia to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money from Egypt to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money in Nigeria through Western union money transfer, or MoneyGram
- how to transfer money from your PayPal to Nigeria bank account
- how to send or receive money from Namibia to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money from Mexico to Nigeria
- how to transfer money from London to Nigeria
- how to send or receive money from Kuwait to Nigeria
- send money to Nigeria with a credit card.
- International money transfer or bank wire on GTB, UBA, Firstbank, FCMB, Stanbic IBTC, Zenith Bank, Fidelity, Diamond bank, Access bank or Heritage bank.
How to Receive Money In Nigeria From Abroad Via Western Union Money Transfer Mobile App:
Western Union is the world’s number one money transfer provider, being both the oldest and the largest company in the industry. The service of Western Union allows people to send and also receive money at any of their 500,000 agent locations in more 200 territories and countries around the world, and also send money digitally via the Western Union website and mobile application in dozens of countries.
With Western Union, money can be sent and received in 130 different currencies and in diverse of ways, that is; through an ATM or in cash at an agent location; on a mobile wallet; or on a prepaid card and on a bank account. The fund is often available within minutes after it has been sent, and users can pay for their money transfer by cash, a credit or debit card, or their bank account.
The slogan of Western Union is “Moving money for better”, and indeed, the services of Western Union enables millions of people to transfer funds to family members for basic living expenses such as healthcare, education or starting a business.
Features of the Western Union Mobile Application
- The receiver can collect cash at over 500,000 locations worldwide, as quickly as possible.
- Ability to view the current exchange rates in order to easily estimate the price of each your transaction per time.
- Transfer money on the go and 24/7, to more than 200 in over 130 different currencies.
- You can transfer money directly into personal a bank account as Western Union is connected to more than 2.5 billion bank accounts worldwide.
- Available three languages: English, Mandarin, and Spanish.
- Save a lot of time by initiating money transfer on the application.
- Locate nearby agent location, see a list of services and get directions to get to them.
- As new companies are added regularly, you can bills to hundreds of companies right from the Western Union mobile application.
How to Receive Money In Nigeria From Abroad Using WordRemit App
WordRemi offers one of the fastest and safest means of transferring cash to users at home. I have a friend in Finland who uses it to send money directly to my bank account, same day delivery. I have already shared a guide on how to do that on this blog – See here for details
How to Receive Money from Abroad into Nigeria using your Domiciliary Account
This is another easier way to send or receive money to Nigeria. All the Nigerian banks offer a dom account services which allow account holders operate a foreign currency account in dollars, Euro or Pound Sterlings. Some of the banks you can explore are GTB, Zenith, Diamond, Fidelity, FCMB, Firstbank, Sterlings, WEMA bank, etc
With this account, you can receive money via bank wire by providing the following information to the sender:
- account name,
- account number,
- name of the bank
- your bank branch address,
- SWIFT CODE
- Routing Number.
When the money sent id deposited int your account, you will receive an alert on your smartphone. You can contact your bank’s customer care service for a guide on how to receive money in Nigeria from Abroad into your domiciliary account.
How to Receive Money In Nigeria From Mobile Banking App
Some banks are currently upgrading their mobile app to allow users send and receive international money transfer into their domiciliary bank account without visiting the bank hall. Check out some of our top banking apps in Nigeria
How to Receive Money from Paypal
Check out this guide on how to use the Paypal application for mobile money transfer to Nigeria. Since Paypal is available in most of the countries mentioned earlier, you might opt for their service at a lower exchange rate. As of this writing, Paypal doesn’t allow Nigerian users to send money.
How to Receive Money from Abroad into Nigerian Bank Account on Paga
Paga is a local financial technology that makes bills payment and money transfer easier. The app had just been improved to let users receive money from abroad into their bank account using just smartphones.
Learn more about Paga app here
MoneyGram is currently being reviewed, we will update this app once we conclude it.